Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tender Mercies

Let's start with a little back ground.
I did the two week, free trial of ancestry.com. 
I chose the membership that I would like to try out and it was probably their most expensive one. 
But it didn't matter. I was going to cancel before the two weeks were up.
And I did. 
Or I thought I did.
The trial ended Monday the 9th. And I cancelled on the 7th.
Our bank sends us a text message when more than a certain amount of money is taken out.
So on Tuesday morning I get up and am about to take a shower, when Sam asks me why ancestry took out $150.
I was shocked. 
It must be a mistake.
I panicked. 
And checked my email to see if I had the cancellation email.
I didn't.
More panic.
Then I went to my classes.
And mentally prepared to get all sorts of angry with them because I had cancelled.
So I called them.
And it turns out they were the nicest about it.
And refunded the money with no problem.
Such a relief!
And a tender mercy of the Lord.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment